How to connect to a database with MySQL workbench (Directadmin)
This article looks at how to connect to a database that you have set up in Directadmin, with MySQL workbench.
- Click on MySQL Management and create your database in Directadmin
- Click on the database name, which takes you through to the database settings
Currently, the Access Hosts are set to only allow connections from localhost. This means when you are connecting from a different IP, it is not allowing access.
3. In the access hosts, add % and click Add New
Setup your MySQL workbench to connect.
Things to watch out for:
- If your DNS has not resolved yet then use the IP as the hostname and not the domain
- Port 3306 is used to connect to the database
- The user and password for the database can be found / set up in step 2 (above)